crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

G.I. Joextravaganza... Part 5: Dialtone



I started months ago to list my Top 10 Joes of all time. This really started out by my love testing out her new camera equipment and needing some subjects. So I broke out the Joe's. I hit a screeching halt lately while posting about everything else... but here I am with next installment of my Joe Top 10.

Above is Dialtone (Jack Morelli), released in 1990 as part of the Sonic Fighters. I received this as a Christmas gift from my Aunt Becy (not really my aunt, but my mom's good friend) and I loved it. The original version of Dialtone released in 1986 had a gross color scheme that I never cared for. When I saw the preview for this figure I quickly added it to my holiday wishlist. The color scheme was dark and worked well with a special ops character. Besides the back pack (not pictured... I can't find any of the accessories) which made battle sounds, Dialtone came with an impressive grenade launcher which was one of my favorite Joe weapons. Dialtone was always the geeky Joe communications expert, but with this color scheme I thought he could be taken more seriously.

As an aside, I will be storming through the rest of my Top 10 list. The reason being I just picked up the two 25th Anniversary 5 packs and I must say these are the best G.I. Joe figures of all time. So whatever list I was creating has to start from scratch... these figures are that good. Sadly it doesn't look like a 25th Anniversary Wetsuit will be in the works. These figures are much more heavily articulated, and the weapons and accessory packs are quite impressive. Truly great figures. I look forward to having these photographed soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home