crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

100th Post

As I put up my Flash post on Sunday night, I realized that it was post number 99. I started thinking about what I could possibly do to make my 100th post special. What could I possibly write about that would be interesting, that would be "me". Then as I was meeting my wife for softball last night and then talking with her about fantasy football this morning on the train, it hit me... I have to write about her.

How many wives get excited about suiting up to play softball... now I'm not talking about feigning excitement, but really truly excited and eager to play. It made me think about out humble beginnings as a couple. Me first watching her play (we met while playing on the Hustlers) and telling my assistant (who also played on the team) "She's pretty hot" and proclaiming to the rest of the team "She moves her hips really well... did you see the way she got to that inside pitch". Below is a picture from season 1 of me helping her cover homeplate (it's something all the guys did, cover homeplate because obviously the girl playing catcher can't fend for themselves... little did they know)...



So here we are on a hot Monday night in August, where my baby suits up ready to play some softball and gamely plays catcher. Making what I think is the play of the game by holding on to a foul tip back at her. She never needed any help covering the plate... its just what us macho guys did. We have to protect the weak girls at home. Yeah right. The captain of last nights game turns to me at some point and says "She's pretty hardcore" (after asking earlier in the game if there was a play at the plate if he could fire it in and she would catch it... of course she can) my reply "I know, isn't she" with a smile on my face.

Then we are riding the train in this morning and talking about fantasy football (she's a huge football fan as well, I love it). Again she doesn't feign excitement over this. She joined our league last year and ended up playing in the league championship against our resident Tinkerbell (this kid tinkers with his team every single day... hence the title Tinkerbell... sorry JP). We're getting ready for our draft tomorrow and she has to pre-rank her players. What other girl talks, even thinks like that. None that I know.

She is a star and I just want the world to know how madly and deeply I love her. It's rare in life to find someone this special. Someone you can truly share your passions with. If only everyone was this lucky...



"I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home