crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No New Art... New Cats Instead

So last week I drew and inked the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Cobra Commander piece. I blogged about how I wasn't happy with it and needed to dive back in and finish addding blacks to Snake Eyes and grey to Cobra Commander to help flesh this out. That still hasn't happened.

My week at work was crazy, I'm in the middle of the biggest project of the year. So with all the craziness happening here at the mag I was really tapped out creatively by the time I got home. So no new progress was made. I was sure I would get to it on the weekend.

On Saturday I picked Scrappy up and the decision was made that we would go to the local pet store. We had been talking about getting a kitten for a while now, so this seemed like a good idea. On the bus ride over my Love and Scrappy were talking about their love for kittens, and how we probably needed two cats so they could keep each other company.

I've never claimed to be a cat person (in fact I'm just the opposite) but it was hard to walk into the pet store and resist the charms of these 6 month old kittens that shared a cage. One seemed like a very refined Siamese the other a very fluffy, short Munchkin Maine Coon. Both ridiculously adoreable. I was done... we were getting two cats. Needless to say our days and nights have been very full of prepping the house for cats, and general oohing and ahhing at the cats.



These little fellas are named Streaky and Cupid. Scrappy named the Maine Coon Streaky after Superman's cat that was featured in the Krypto the Superdog cartoon. Cupid got his name because he was born on Valentine's Day. Both are sweethearts that make it hard to tell them no (or down or bad kitty) when they are knocking the plug out of the socket for the TV or knocking the comics that are on the coffee table on the floor. I've been sold, I'm in love with these little kitties.

Just so that there is some new art here I decided to post this picture Megan painted this weekend. She started out by painting a few of the shells we bought back from our honeymoon. After that was done she had a ton of paint still left, so my MS suggested that she paint a picture as well. The result was a house with Streaky putside and a bright sun with a plane in the sky. You can see a hint of the shells in the background as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home