crazy colored glasses

Friday, July 20, 2007

Thursday Night Treats Part 2... Legion

With the other picture I had drawn last night (Black Canary) not being very kid friendly, I decided to draw a piece that I could share with Scrappy and that she'd be able to appreciate. That led me to drawing the Legion of Superheroes in their animated style.

Legion is one of our favorite cartoons to watch on Saturday morning. In fact I altered my picking her up time so that I could time it to be home when the Legion started. I dig that show that much. Its also one of those things I didnt think I would ever truly see, a cartoon on the Legion amazing. As a geeky fanboy my favorite episodes are when they have lots of team members making cameos. The season finale that involved nearly everyone (poor Ferro Lad) was like a geekgasm for me. I loved it.

Anyway, here is the piece. The pencils took me a little longer than I expected. I thought I'd be able to bang out the pencils superfast, but with 7 characters it takes some time. It was probably close to an hour. The inks took equally sa long. Getting the details onto the girls flying along the top was nearly impossible. I should have drawn them slightly larger and more in the foreground. Oh well, I still love this piece. For me, it reminds me of watching Saturday morning cartoons with Scrappy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home