crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Simpsons Avatar


I used to be a huge fan of the Simpsons. Saw every episode over the first 4-5 years. For some reason or another (probably when it moved to Sundays, which for me = sports days) I stopped watching it after a while.

I've thought the previews I've seen for the new Simpsons movie look hilarious and do intend to go pay to see that in the theater (although I've read that as much as 70% of the trailer is not in the film). Matt Groening truly is a genius in the animation field. You have to look at his work on The Simpsons and marvel at how it hasn't missed a beat. It's amazing that besides news programs or reality programs (COPS and Americas Most Wanted), The Simpsons is the longest running show on television.

Part of the push for the new film is this amazing website Simpsonsmovie.com. The site is incredibly interactive. One of the best features is that you can create your own avatar. Not only do you then get to download your avatar, but you can interact with other characters on the site. Its like a Sims game for the Simpsons. It truly is great. While we were all working here on Friday, we decided to take a break and make avatars. I thought mine was pretty right on and decided to share.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home