crazy colored glasses

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pork w/Corn Salsa


This past Friday was a Scrappy night. So I left work a little early and it had been decided earlier in the day that I would make dinner. My love sent me a few recipes from WomansDay.com. The first I wasn't so keen on (the chicken corn enchiladas looked a little complicated), so we decided on a pork chop with corn salsa. Very simple and easy to make (only 3 steps... i love it).

I decided after looking over the recipe that I would make rice with it as well. We had corn already, so all I had to do was slice up an onion (red) and slice up some grape tomatoes (so yummy). To get Scrappy involved, I had her stir the whole thing together. Although she had already eaten dinner at her other house she loved helping.

I thought the natural flavor of the pork really shined through. The corn salsa was pretty mild and not very flavorful, so the flavor of the pork was really the hero of this meal. It was quick and easy to make as well as very tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home