crazy colored glasses

Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Niece


In trying to post all the art I've drawn in the last year or so I realized I hadn't posted this piece I drew for my brother and his wife for christmas. It's a piece I drew and inked of their daughter (my goddaughter).

I've always struggled a bit when I try and draw real people, but I was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out. The original image I drew from had her leaning against a screen. I decided to straighten her out and draw a little strip of park and a city skyline behind her. I think that helps set this up as a very New York piece (that and the fact that shes wearing a Yankee dress... yup, we brainwash the kids early). She is a great little girl who is incredibly to my little scrappy. I always enjoy watching them play together... even though she did hate me for most of her life because I told her not to put her foot in her jack o'lantern... I didn't take it personally, and still love her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home