crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Two For Tuesday

I put these two pieces together last week with the hope that I'd be able to post them last week after missing a week of art posts. I selected a Superboy piece (from the great Sam Loeb issue) as well a Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman piece from Justice League of America #0.



I started this Superboy (Kon-El, Connor Kent) piece and breezed through the pencils. It took about 40 minutes to do the pencils(hence the fact that someone as slow as me was able to bang out two pieces in one night). After storming through the pencils I decided to do a piece that contained more than one member and was at a interesting angle. So I put together this piece.



The pencils took me a little over an hour. It was actually a lot quicker to draw than I expected. I really love the angle of the piece. I havent gone back in and added in the grays like I have been doing because I'm not sure I'm done with that piece. I havent decided if I I'm blacking in the background or not. I'd like to, but I'm not sure it would help the piece. I finished off the piece by adding some blacks to Superman's head. This is also the strongest Batman I've drawn in a while. Wonder Woman continues to be a strong character for me to draw. I'm really having fun drawing her lately.

After adding the blacks to the Trinity piece I decided I had to go back in and add the blacks to Superboy. I thought the piece looked flat and is now so much better once I blacked in the shirt and added highlights to it, as well as adding grays to the face and musculature and the jeans. This piece turned out really well. I'm very pleased with it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hello, my name is Juan and I have a Superboy Tribute page in Myspace. I think both sketches in this post are awesome, but obviously im more interested in the Superboy from the first printing of Superman/Batman cover.

    I was wondering if you'd allow me to post your sketch in a fanart section in myspace. Ofcourse, id quote name and webaddress to your blog.

    Please let me know, my email is soyblitz@gmail.com and my myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/superboy_tribute.

    I'll wait for your reply to post. Thank you

    Juan Carlos Prieto

    By Blogger Juan Carlos Prieto Alvarez, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home