crazy colored glasses

Friday, July 06, 2007

60 Games in 30 Nights


Thats been my motto for July. I was going to try and play a double-header of 2007 The Show every night. The purpose of this was to finish a baseball season before the new Madden comes out (which really is like a national holiday for me).

I was able to follow that the first 3 days of July. Then on the 4th I went to a co-workers house party and ended up getting home way late... no games played. Last night was to have been the first ever quadruple-header. It was a little ambitious but I was up to the task... even though we got home late from watching the Transformers (very cheesy dialouge and script, amazing action scenes and incredibly realistic transforming cars... so much so, that my love was expecting cars to transform when we got out of the theater... the effects were that good).

I pop the game in and sit down to play. Breeze right through the first game, a 4-3 win, very nicely played. Big homerun by Wily Mo Pena. Start the second game and am losing. Give up 3 runs in the first (damn you Pavano). We then breeze scorelessly till the 8th, when Wily Mo hits a homerun to make it 3-1. Go on to the 9th, when Craig Wilson hits a 2 run homer to tie the game. The Scrubbies are going wild. I thought for sure I'll wrap this one up in the 10th. No problem... not so much. 12 innings later (thats makes it a 22 inning game) Aaron Boone hits a homer to end the game. It was easily the longest game I've ever played, and because it was already past 1am meant I had to go to sleep.

Oh well... maybe I can try for the quadruple-header tonight.
*Please note that the ridiculously blurry picture above was taken by me (thats the manual for the game as well as my draft sheet), not by the normally brilliant photographer who generally takes the shots on my site. Love you baby.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home