crazy colored glasses

Monday, July 02, 2007

Yummy Pork


We had Scrappy on the eve of her last day of First Grade. I typically make dinner when we have her on Tuesday nights. We had pork in the fridge, so I wanted to do something different than my typical breaded and oven baked pork.

Right after lunch I started thinking about dinner (for a food lover like me, thats a regular thing). I went to allrecipes.com (which I love) and started typing up a search for Pork Chops. I found a pretty simple recipe (for me, simple is key because I'm not a very good cook) which really just required pork, Italian dressing, pepper and soy sauce. I saw that and thought hmmm, I have all of that. Then in looking over the recipe some more I saw one of the comments that said she sliced up an onion, laid it on the bottom of a glass tray and after browning the chops placed them in the oven for 35 minutes (of course pouring the sauce over them).

I also made some simple white rice and green beans. Rice and vegetables are pretty constant, so they were a bit simple to make. The trick for me is to always have something for Scrappy to do so that she doesn't get bored waiting for dinner and so that she feels she was a part of making the meal. So I had to start up the chops, get them in the over, and then wait a few minutes before starting up the rice and vegetables.

When all was said and done Scrappy and I sat down and ate. I thought the chops turned out ok. I poured some of the sauce and onions over the pork chops. Scrappy said they were a little spicy (she says everything is spicy, even her toothpaste from time to time), but she ate the whole meal. Next time I try this meal I will use less Italian dressing. I think that will help with the overall taste. For much better food check out the mmm... delicious link off to the right.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Wait... What did Scrappy do to help you?

    By Blogger Madeline, at 6:58 AM  

  • hahaha... she selected the vegetable, as well as poured in the rice

    By Blogger LEV, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home