crazy colored glasses

Friday, July 20, 2007

Thursday Night Treats Part 1... The Black Canary

With my love out having a bowling night with her co-workers and no one wanting to go out for a drink I thought it would be a nice time to go home have a couple of beers and try to do a couple of pieces.

I'm trying to draw all the members of the new Justice League and already have drawn Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern so I decided this week I would do the new chairperson of the JLA. Of course I was a little distracted by the World Series of Pop Culture (love that show) but I sat down and started to put the pencils together on this piece.



I don't know how often anyone ever has to draw fishnet stockings, but let me go on record as staing they are incredibly tedious to draw. I'm sure its similar to having to draw the webbing on Spidey's costume (also a pain). The pencils took close to an hour. Most of that on the hair and fishnets. The inking took well over an hour. Most of that on the fishnets and jacket. I thought the piece came out very well, I think its one of the stronger female faces I've ever drawn. The look is very confident as well, very much in character with where the Canary is right now. I dont think any DC female character has grown as much as she has in the last few years. This being a big booty shot, I dont think I could ever really display it at my place, but I think overall the piece is really great. A nice rebound over the previous two weeks worth of work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home