crazy colored glasses

Monday, August 06, 2007

Team Scrub Revisited

Sat down last night and played a game with Team Scrub. They have been on a tremendous roll. Of course I havent played in a few weeks, so that whole 60 games in 30 nights went right out the window. I had other more important (wedding) things going on.

As I loaded up the game and checked the schedule I realized the date was June 23rd and the team had played 72 games, which leaves me with 90 games left to play in the season. 90 GAMES... zoinks. My plan of finishing this game before Madden 08 comes out is a thing of the past. As a professed Maddenite, I can't wait for that game. I must have it. Which means that I'll have to play lots of Madden on the PSP while I finish up my season with Team Scrub.

Team Scrub really just keeps chugging along. I remember when they struggled and limped through the first month at 13-13. They are 35-11 in their last 46 games. The bullpen has been key. Scott Proctor, Kerry Wood, Geoff Geary, Jimmy Gobble, JC Romero are names that would have most people scratching their heads. For Team Scrub... they are the saviors. They have pitched so well. If I could squeeze some more power out of the offense they would be practically unbeatable. Until I blog about them next, we should all chant "Let's Go Scrubbies".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home