crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Scott Proctor

While on my honeymoon last week I made a note to myself. It said "Complain about Scott Proctor trade"... now a week later, I've changed my mind. I still think the Wilson Betamit for Proctor trade was a poor one. I think Proctor is a closer in making. All he needs to do is workout the control problems that have plagued him this year. I like his makeup. He has great velocity and movement on his fastball, and a knee-bending curveball. He also have the very short memory that good closers have. He has everything thats needed to make a great closer.

Wilson Betamit on the other hand is going to be nothing more than a bench bat and backup. Why give up a bullpen contributor for a backup. At least thats what I though before last night.

Now, I try not to get too excited about pitching prospects, but last night was the first appearance of Joba Chamberlain. This kid has been starting and tearing up the minors since he was drafted a year ago. So the Yanks are giving him a look in the bullpen for the remainder of the season before they work him into the rotation next year. In his first appearance last night he pitched 2 innings had a few strikeouts (he has a ridiculous hard slider... 88mph, thats faster than most fastballs), but most importantly he looked really composed for a 21 year old. He is the second youngest pitcher in the majors. The first is Phil Hughes, the Yanks fifth starter. Not only does the rest of the season look rosey for the hot Yanks (didnt I call this) but the future continues to look bright.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home