crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fantastic Four

I drew this piece a few weeks ago (2 i think) but it took me forever to get ink it and now post it. I got distracted with trying to get a Flash redesign reviewed (sadly that didn't happen). The last week I drew Harley Quinn and got her up quickly.

The pencils on this piece took quite a while. I split them over two days (it was probably 3 total hours of pencilling). The Thing is a pain to draw, and I had no idea what to do with Johnny. How do you make him look like he's on fire without any coloring... a bit of a challenge. Sue and Reed I thought looked great. The inking also took quite a bit of time. I would say that took an additional 3-4 hours. All in all I would say this was one of the longer pieces I've done.

I haven't added in any grays which I still need to do. Sue's butt is looking a little flat, and Johnny and Ben could use a little more depth. Here is the image without the grays.



Now I blogged last week about how I thought John Bryne was the best ever FF creator. Here are a few other artists which I think have done great jobs on the FF over the years (some of these will seem familiar): Jim Lee, Salvador Larrocca, Carlos Pacheco, Steve McNiven, Michael Turner and of course Jack Kirby.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home