crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Coooooobbbbrrrrrrraaaaaaaaa!!!... Serpentor



No Top Joes/Cobra list would be complete for me without Serpentor. My only wish was that I still had the complete figure with cape and skiff. This was one of the best designed and sculped Cobra figures ever. My allure in first wanting this figure was the great origin they gave him on the cartoon. I remember running home to catch the latest installment of the 5 part series to see just what Cobra was up to. I mean it was great, splicing the DNA of the great despots in history. Of course rewatching those cartoons as an adult I realize how cheesy they actually were, but whatever, I loved it as a child.

In the comics Serpentor was always handled a little uneasily. Was he a partner to Cobra, a leader of a subdivision or something else entirely. Who knows... who cares. What he was, was an amazing action figure.

I always remember playing Joes with my older brother and younger sister. We would sit there and draft teams of Joes, Serpentor was always one of those go-to-joes for me. Right after my numbers 1 and 2 figures (Wetsuit and Blizzard) I always struggled for my 3 which was a toss up between Snake Eyes and Serpentor. That is how highly I thought of this figure.

Design/Sculpt and color scheme easily make this figure one of the finest of all the Joes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Wait... Did you ruin your count down by telling us who #1 and #2 are? Or it doesn't matter b/c the 25th Anniversary figures came out, thus demolishing your Top Ten?

    By Blogger Madeline, at 8:02 AM  

  • i did reveal my #1... damn, there goes all the drama of my countdown... i had revealed Blizzard before because he was such a great figure

    By Blogger LEV, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home