crazy colored glasses

Friday, January 18, 2008

F---in' Cowboys

Thats basically been my feeling all week. What I thought would be an easy march through the NFC playoffs to a rematch with the Patriots turned into a very disappointing loss to the hated New Jersey Giants.

I don't want to write too much about this because the loss still pains me (I haven't seen SportsCenter, Inside the NFL, or picked up a newspaper all week), but here is my take on the game. The Boys dominated the first half with the run (up until the inexcuseable final 53 seconds of the first half, where the defense relaxed and let the Giants go the length of the field for a game tying touchdown) and then completely abandoned the run in the second half. Or, was this game a replay of 2005 when Dallas was among the most penalized teams in the league. Too many bone-headed penalties. False starts on offense, offsides on defense calls in the fourth destroyed drives for Dallas and extended drives for Jersey. Last but not least, what the hell happened to Patrick Crayton. He was a realiable third target for Romo all season and for some reason developed a case of butterfingeritis. He dropped 3 balls that were in his hands (2 that would have been first downs and one that was a potential touchdown) and cut a route short in the end zone that if he had run through would have been an easy score (Romo over threw him only after he cut the route short).

So although I did enjoy the 13-3 regular season, as well as Romo's record setting season (I did predict right here on this blog that he would throw for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's) I must say this was the most disappointing football season I've experienced since the Boys went down to the Niners in the 94 NFC title game. Maybe this game will turn out to be the kick in the ass this team needs and gets them to focus over a full football season and they play next season with a huge chip on their shoulder. As of right now, I'm pencilling them in as my favorites to win the Super Bowl next year (would my crazy colored glasses let me see it any other way).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home