crazy colored glasses

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Top 10 Toys of 2007... #8


There used to be a day when I could say I owned every new release of a Star Wars figure from 1994 till X. That all changed after the release of figures for Episode III. I just really had no interest in owning anymore version of Luke (do I truly need 37 different Luke figures). With original figures becoome more and more scarce, I simply stopped buying them. That was until earlier this year when I saw this little gem in the pre-school themed Galactic Heroes line (which is now such a phenomenon that it has spawned Marvel, DC, Transformers, and soon Indiana Jones versions).

This two pack contained Luke and Darth from their reluctant battle at the end of Episode VI. What made this two pack stand out for me was the removeable helmet on Darth to reveal a battle-damaged Anakin. The Darth figure was head and shoulders better than any figure that had ever been produced in the GH line. With limited sculpting, scale and articulation this figure is still way cool enough to merit entry on this list. This figure (in my honest opinion) is one of the best Darth's ever produced.

Incredibly, I believe this was the only Star Wars themed action figure I purchased in 07.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home