crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Top 10 Toys of 2007

The title is pretty self explanatory. Over the next few days I will be posting pics that my incredibly talented wife took (thank you baby) of my favorite toys of 2007. I'll start at 10 and work my way to number 1. Here we go...


I've been very vocal about how amazing I thought the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes are. You will see more than one of these figures on this list. Simply put these are the best G.I. Joes of all time. Articulation, sculpting, accessories are all spot on. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for G.I. Joes and have barely been able to contain myself over these action figures. I don't buy a ton of figures anymore, but I've bought the bulk of these. They simply are that good.


One of the gems that was released in the initial Cobra 5 pack was this version of Destro. The 14th version of the figure is clearly the best Destro ever produced. Silver head, grenades on arm, useable holster all sculpted beautifully. This figure is slightly taller than the rest of the figures in the set which helps give the air of strength that the character typically carried in the cartoon and comics. I can't say enough about how well sculpted the head on the figure is. The attention to detail is amazing. The MARS briefcase with open spot to hide a handgun is also a nice little touch. A nice nod to the original release which also had the briefcase. No stone was left unturned with these figures. It's as if they heard all the complaints of fanboys over the years and decided to make a nearly perfect series of action figures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home