crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fantasy Football Recap

In years past I've been a relatively awful fantasy football player. I can generally dispense advice to others, as well as draft a killer team... my problems have always been with setting my lineup.

Last year in the two league I played in I came in 5th and 2nd. Easily the best showing of my fantasy football career. In retrospect, it was a turning of the corner for me.

This year I was invited to enter multiple football leagues in Yahoo. I had two football teams, was involved in two pro football pick'em leagues and in one survival football. I only ran the league in one of the two fantasy football leagues I was in, every thing else was run by friends, or friends of friends.

For the league I ran we settled on a live draft. That became problematic because of company firewalls. I was able to draft my team and was happy with the team I selected. I got players at each position that I wanted. My first overall pick was Drew Brees, but I left everyone scratching their heads when I selected Tony Romo in the 4th round. Everyone thought I was reaching, but 4,100 yards and 35+ touchdowns later I was in the fantasy playoffs. Grabbing Brian Westbrook was huge for me as well. I ended up having the best record in that league but losing in the openin ground of the playoffs before winning the 3rd place game.

In the other fantasy league I was in they settled on an autodraft. I pre-ranked my players and rated Romo and Addai very high. I ended up with both on the team. That team was hampered by the season long Marvin Harrison injury. Even though it was a pretty injury-riddled team, I snuck into the playoffs as the 6th seed with a .500 record. I somehow ended up making a nice little run (thank you Jamal Lewis) and making it all the way to the championship game... unfortunately I lost. But it was solid to have a 2nd and 3rd place finish for my two teams.

In the two Pick'em leagues I was involved in I placed first and second. The one that I was second in, I led all season before a late season collapse (congrats big game james). In Survival Football I won the league in Week 11 and then kept on picking games on the league message board for two more weeks, till the damn Cardinals let me down.

Now of course all the fantasy games are done... I just need the real Cowboys to regain their form and get to the Super Bowl.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home