crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Beautiful Killer

As I watched MNF last night, I remembered I said I would post pics of the Beautiful Killer piece I drew two weeks ago, but hadn't inked. It was starting to get late, the game was strting to get good, but I sat down and did as promised. Here she is, Beautiful Killer.


Beautiful Killer was a Black Bull published comic written by Jimmy Palmiotti with art by the amazingly talented Phil Noto. Beautiful Killer was released in 2001-2, right around the time Alias has taken off. Sexy woman spy stories were all the rage. The story was basically a female assasin (Brigit Cole) out to avenge the murder of her parents. The story was very reminiscent of a 70's espionage tale. The allure of this book for me was the art of Phil Noto. Phil's work looks like a combination of pencils with watercolor backgrounds. It gives a very unique art feel. No one in the comic medium draws the way Phil does.

Phil's work would normally be very hard for me to interpret, but I was quite happy with the way this turned out. The pencils didn't take very long for me. The inking took a bit longer because of the heavy blacks. Not an extremely complex piece, but I think it's great in it's simplicity... in fact, very reminiscent of a Phil Noto piece.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home