crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Different Pork

Scrappys parent/teacher conference was 11/13 which also happened to be a Tuesday night. It also so happened to be that my love was working that night. I had remarked to her that I felt like I always made the same type of pork when I cooked for Scrappy. She then went into the cookbook and found a simple recipe she thought I'd be able to do.

I didn't get out of Scrappy's conference until after 7:00 (smart kid, she needs to focus was the gist), I then ran over and picked Scrappy up. With an 8:30 bedtime I knew starting dinner after 7:30 with her just wasn't going to happen. So I ran over and picked up a Happy Meal for her on the way home. Once I bathed her and put her to bed I started to make dinner for myself.

The recipe my love selected for me was sliced pork with apples. It definitely was a nice and simple recipe for a kitchen novice like myself. It really involved browning the pork (on both sides) in olive oil and garlic. Then slicing up the apples and cooking them in the same olive oil with just a pinch of thyme. Although it really was simple, it was a very nice comination of tastes. I thought it was one of the better meals I had made.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home