crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MMMMMMM.... Meatloaf

This weekend with very little time before she had to walk out the door her job I asked my love "Hey, what do you want me to do with the ground beef." She looked at me and says "Oh, I was gonna make a meatloaf before I left." I was flabbergasted. I thought to myself, is she gonna have enough time. I then asked and was reassured that there was plenty of time.

Before I knew it, bowls were being broken out and things were being mixed together. Then almost instantaneously, there was a meatloaf in the oven. As my love was getting ready to scurry out to the tavern she says "You have to make the sauce, I left the recipe open." What? Something for me to do... I was sure I was going to mess the whole thing up. I can't get left in charge of a masterpiece to oversee... I was scared shit.

So I grabbed the recipe then I grabbed Scrappy. She helped pour all the ingredients and then I stirred it all together. Once the Meatloaf was ready to come out of the oven I poured it over the top and popped it back in for about 10-15 minutes. As that was going I asked Scrappy what else we should have. She decided on the rice, I decided on the brussel sprouts (which Scrappy had surprisingly eaten without a fight earlier in the week). Once it was all completed dinner was on.

This is a shot of my plate with a whole heaping of meatloaf. It was absolutely delicious. So although I'm cheating a bit by posting this up, I did contribute a bit by not ruining it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home