crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Top 10 Toys of 2007... #7


I used to buy quite a few WWE figures. OK, I used to buy practically every WWE figure. The completist in me just wanted them all. Then I started to watch less and less wrestling. So I found myself not knowing any of the characters. So I decided not to buy all of the figures. I still buy the occassional figure, but usually its of the classic variety, like with the above.

While out finishing up christmas shopping (and waiting for the cats to get groomed) I walked in to the neighborhood KayBee Toys and saw the latest series of WWE Classics which included the Warlord and the Barbarian... The Powers of Pain. The Warlord and the Barbarian were kind of the poor mans Demolition or L.O.D. I don't believe they ever won the tag team titles together (I believe the Barbarian may have had a brief title run with Haku... I'll have to check) but they were always good strong performers with a fierce look. I've always been a sucker for wrestlers with face paint or crazy costumes. These guys were definitely that. These figures capture them perfectly. The face sculpts and pain applications are spot on. If only I had a tiny Mr. Fuji to play their manager. Of all the WWE figures released in 07 this was easily my favorite.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home