crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Amazing Playoffs

Let me start out by saying that I have been completely enthralled with this season's NBA Playoffs. When the season ended I thought the Finals would end up being the Lakers and the Celtics, or at least I was hoping for the Lakers and Celtics. Although my prediction of long Suns playoff run blew up in my face.

The Lakers still have a rough test in the defending champion Spurs in front of them, I think they can get by in 6 games. The Spurs were just taken to the distance by a up start Hornets team that you'd be hard-pressed to have imagined taking the champs to 7. The Lakers meanwhile looked brilliant (for the second series in a row) dispatching the tough Jazz. Now we will truly see if Kobe and Co. can beat Timmy and the Champs.

The Celtics on the other hand have a much tougher road. They have to get by an incredibly well-rested and playoff-tested Pistons team. A team that actually wins on the road... something the Celts seem to have forgotten. How can the Celts with their 65 regular season wins have been taken to the distance by both the Hawks and the Cavs. Both teams have huge flaws that the Celts should have been able to exploit. Yet, they haven't. Celtic fans should be thankful for the series-saving game 7 effort by Paul Pierce. Otherwise Doc Rivers would have had a lot to answer for. I've never been a fan of Doc as a coach. I think the Pistons blitz the Celts and get by them in 5 games. Not much left in the tanks of the big 3 (or should i say big 2 as Allen has disappeared almost entirely).

As for the Finals, I don't think any team has looked as impressive as the Lakers. The only team that can stop them are themselves, and I simply don't see that happening. I think this season will end in Big Chief Triangle hoisting up his 10th Finals trophy as a head coach.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • you may be right, LV, but next year, just watch out. My pacers are rebuilding, son!

    By Blogger alec, at 10:43 AM  

  • pacers... indiana still has a pro team? hahahahaha

    By Blogger LEV, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home