crazy colored glasses

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Amazing Spider-Man


One of the most lucrative film franchises of all time has been the Spider-Man franchise. Having been a big fan of the movies (as I was with most of 1 and 2) or having been rather disappointed with them (as most were with the dreadful Spider-Man 3), there is no denying that this series produced one of my favorite toys of all time... The secret identity to wrestler to Spider-Man Tobey Maguire action figure.

This figure, as most of the Marvel figures, has tons of articulation. It also has a very good Tobey head sculpt. Normally recreating a celebs head for a figure has been a total miss, but they got it right with this figure. I'm always a sucker for secret identity figures, and this one didnt disappoint. To be able to go from Peter Parker to wrestling outfit to the Spider-Man costume was just brilliiant. All while being able to have a nearly endless amount of poses due to all the articulation. I don't think I'd be stretching if I said this was the best Spidey figure ever.

As a side note, this figure has seen new life in the new Spider-Man line. I think the color washes have been scrapped in the new versions so the overall color scheme is a little flatter. Besides that the rest of the figure is in tact. If you do not have this figure in your collection run to the stores and pick it up, trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home