crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Popeye the Sailorman


One of my favorite cartoon characters growing up was Popeye. I even remember begging my Mom to buy me a sailor suit to wear. I don't remember liking spinach any more as a child (that came as an adult, thanks babe) but I do remember loving the character. Popeye versus Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves being amongst my favorite shorts of all time. His constant battle with Brutus, Wimpy always asking for a loan, the mysterious Jeep, and of course Olive Oil and Sweet P.

All of those characters were gloriously given the action figure treatment by Mezco toys. The sculpting is great. Articulation was nice for these figures as well. They all contained swivel joints at the neck which make posability almost limitless. The accessories these figures came with were nice little touches as well. Popeye for example came with a crushed spinach can (with spinach spilling out) as well as an extra bicep to place on Popeye's arm after consuming said spinach. A great action figure of an all-time great character.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I also thought Popeye was great. Alice the Goon is still one of my favorite character names.

    By Blogger Lester's Legends, at 9:49 AM  

  • believe it or not they made an Alice the Goon figure which was nearly impossible to find... its a pretty expensive collectible

    By Blogger LEV, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home