crazy colored glasses

Friday, February 01, 2008

Top 10 Toys of 2007... #3


On of my favorite stories of all time is Kingdom Come. So when Kingdom Come Superman started appearing in the Superman/Batman series (and late in the JSA) I quickly thought to myself one thing... a new figure of Kingdom Superman in the style of Ed Mcguiness. Let me just say that I am a huge fan of Ed's art. He has sort of an Americanized Manga take that only he can pull off. I have brought just about every figure DC Direct has done in his style (short of 4 heroes which I will have to buy on the secondary market).

While this figure is limited in articulation and is basically a repaint of the original DC Direct Superman/Batman Superman release I simply could not keep it from this list. The geeky fan boy who loves Superman and Mcguiness' art just wouldn't allow it. I absolutely love this figure. The pain applications are slick and spot on. I have always been a fan of the stylized S shield that Alex Ross designed for Kingdom Come. In a year that saw numerous Superman releases from DC Direct (Last Son, JLA, Elseworlds) this figure stood out to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home