crazy colored glasses

Friday, February 01, 2008

Top 10 Toys of 2007... #4


I cant believe its Feb 1st and I'm still posting my Top10 figures of '07 list.... I'll try and get the rest of them up today. It seems to be a pretty quiet day in the office. Plenty of time to blog.

Madman is one of the greatest independant comic book of all time. He somes to us from the genius that is Mike Allred. I must personally say that I never paid any attention to Madman until the Superman/Madman Hullabaloo. That was a wonderful comic series and it truly did introduce me to the art of Mike Allred. Ever since then, I've been a huge fan. I have brought everything he has released.

With the released of this figure (wonderfully produced by Marvel Toys... which incredibly doesn't produce Marvel toys) Madman was finally properly represented. The articulation and sculpting are great. The likeness is also top notch. What stands out to me is the light blue shadow wash over certain areas of the body. Anyone who is a Allred fan knows that his simple pencil style is always flourished with great blues and grays by his wife Laura. This action figure captures their style perfectly. It was my favorite figure from the Legendary Heroes line and a wonderful intepretation of a great character.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home