crazy colored glasses

Monday, October 29, 2007

Finally... New Art... Rogue


I haven't posted any new pictures in a long time. I'll try and get on a more regular schedule as I plan on drawing some pieces to give as holiday gifts.

The first piece I'm posting is a piece on my favorite X-woman Rogue. Rogue is a mutant who has been on various X-teams over the years (Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Xtreme X-Men). Her power is that she is able to absorb the power of any person she makes skin contact with. It makes her a highly complex character. She craves the physicality and warmth of others but finds herself unable to make physical contact. She was also raised by constant X-villain Mystique. Again adding to her very fragile psyche. Easily one of the best mutants ever created. Definitely my favorite female who has ever been a disciple of Xavier. In my eyes Jim Lee drew the hands down best ever Rogue (as well as lots of other characters). Joe Madureira, Salvador Larrocca, Marc Silvestri, David Finch, and Humberto Ramos (who draw a younger more anime inspired takes) also have drawn great looking Rogues. BTW... I hate the very weak and needy Rogue that is a part of the Ultimate X-Men... totally the worst take on the character ever. In fact the current take of her in the X-Men as the failed leader of her own team is very interesting. I'd like to see where Marvel takes it.


The pencils on this piece didn't take too long. They took about an hour total. the inks on the other hand took forever. As I sat there over an hour into my inks the wife says "You know, its because you drew her much bigger in the frame than you normally draw"... you know what, she's right. I'm really happy with this piece. I think her boobs are too big but overall I like the piece. I'm gonna try and color this picture this week in Illustrator using the live trace feature. I'll post the result and we'll see how it goes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home