crazy colored glasses

Friday, October 26, 2007

"I like the color of the Pork, it looks nice"


With the misses working late at the new gig I was on my own for dinner with the little one. I knew we had Pork in the fridge that needed to be made, so when I picked Scrappy up I asked what she wanted. "The same pork we always have... with pasta... and green beans". I was proud of the fact that she even suggested green beans. A year ago she would have fought, cried and sat at the table for hours before she ate a green bean. Now she loves them.

By the pork we always have she of course meant oven-baked breaded pork.

With time running short (because of helping with homework), I really didnt have time to do anything other than boil water for the pasta and green beans and bread the pork and drop it in the oven. Tuesday nights always feel a little rushed. While the pork baked Scrappy helped me with the dishes. We washed and dried all the dirty dishes (which was good because we were making new dirty dishes).

When everything was done cooking, I mixed in the green beans with the pasta (always easier to make Scrappy eat more vegetables if its all mixed together). I then added some Italian Seasoning on top. For the pork I sprinkled a little Mozarella Cheese on top and called it a meal. It wasn't the best thing I ever made, but it certainly wasn't the worst. As for an endorsement from Scrappy, her take on it was "I like the color of the Pork, it looks nice".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home