crazy colored glasses

Thursday, October 25, 2007

NFL Catchup

As you can see there was no update last week. What with the Cowboys getting blown out by the Patriots I was in no mood to write about football. Although the Cowboys beat the Vikings (and looked good doing it), I again don't feel like writing about football.

The last few football weekends have been a little different than the first few. I wonder why I'm not taking as much joy in the games as I had weekends prior. The answer was simple. When I thought of something witty to say, or annoyingly comment back to the commentators on the the TV there was no one there to listen to it. My wifes new gig most of the time requires her to work on Sundays. As much as I love sitting there watching football, I love being able to turn to her and say something completely outlandish (for example "Watch this Urlacher's going to rupture this guys spleen) and have her laugh or even set up the tripod to tape some of my lunacy. Turning to Scrappy and saying watch this play, and having her say "Did they score a homerun" is just not the same.

Luckily she gets home most Sundays at like 5:30 which lets her watch the ending of the afternoon games. Which is nice, because we get some football time together. This past weekend for example, with the Cowboy game well in hand I decided to run out and get some burgers. I come back and she says "You have to see this"... she had rewound the ending of the Bears game and paused it for me to watch. The ending was great. Griese led the team down the field for a quick touchdown. To the shock of all Eagles fans. It was great. She is great, and although we didn't have our normal football marathon, it was nice to have her home for the end of the afternoon games.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home