crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bill... Bill... Bill...

Although I've been complaining about Mr. Simmons a ton recently, I still continue to read hig blog multiple times a week. Which led me to yesterdays column, which was basically two things:

1) A stroke piece to the Patriots.
Yes, they looked great in dismantling the Cowboys and laying claim to the fact that they are the most dominant team in the NFL. They may go undefeated, and are easily the most dominant teams in the league since the 89 Niners and the 92 Cowboys. It still irks me that he let them off the hook on "Cameragate". I think this piece irks me more. I really do imagine Bill pleasuring himself while typing and submitting this piece. To gush over how the Pats have been running up the score lately is ridiculous. Had this been the Colts doing the same, we'd hear how wrong and evil Dungy and Peyton are. The Patriots were my pre-season pick to win the Super Bowl, so its no surprise that they are playing so well. I just caution all Patriots with this... they are one blind side hit from untested Matt Cassel throwing the ball to all those weapons... simmer down, theres a lot of season left.

2) Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, The Indians are beating the Sox.
Finally the Sox get mentioned on a Simmons blog. This hasn't happened a ton besides a fluff piece written and photographed in Tampa Bay. All he did was whine about the state of the Sox. He seems like a fan who can see the writing on the wall. He claims to not be as upset because the Sox won in 2004. Shut up... any loss to your favorite team hurts. It seems like he realizes that Eric Wedge has out-managed Terry Francona (after ddoing the same to Joe Torre). He also seems fine with the fact that the Indians seem better equipped to deal with the Sox pitching staff, and that their bullpen is much deeper (again something the Yanks learned first-hand). He sounds like a fan who has given up... or at least appears to have. Which leaves him in a nice position as a writer. If they lose he gets to say I knew they would because of "X". If they win he gets to bask in the glory of his team coming back from insurmountable odds. Not a bad position for him.

Why do I continue to read someone who frustrates me this much... I'll just never understand. I've tried to read other sports blogs, but there arent any that elicit any type of reaction from me. Deadspin ... overrated. Nosebleeds ... not smart enough. So until I find something better I'll continue to torture myself with Bill Simmons.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home