crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday NFL Roundup... Week 2

I'm hoping I can sign on every Tuesday and give my opinions and observations of the past weekends NFL games.

Seeing as it was our first weekend of the football season that we got to bask in the wonderfulness that is DirecTV's Sunday Ticket, we saw bits and pieces of every game this weekend. Some of my thoughts...

Best game of the weekend hands down was the Ohio-shootout, Cleveland against Cincinnati. 6 TD's for Carson Palmer, 5 TD's for Derek Anderson, 216 yards and a TD for Jamal Lewis (who incredibly sat on my fantasy football bench... what was I thinking)... was there any defense being played in this game. Regardless of the lack od defense is was nice to see a good old-fashioned shootout. Definitely the highest scoring game I've ever seen.

Colts versus Titans. We spent much of the early games watching this game. Peyton is my wife's starting fantasy QB so we need to watch whats going on with him. Besides that, watching Vince Young is always fun. Those Titans are scrappy and the defense is quick enough to keep them in a lot of games this year. Some surprisingly bad clock management by the Colts at the end of the game made this game a lot closer than it needed to be.

Giants versus GB. I really couldn't bear to watch. I'm usually against watching Giant games as I was forced to watch every Giant game over the last 25 years due to the local contracts. Thank God for the Sunday Ticket. The Packers will be a lot better than people think this year. Good defense, serviceable offense. If Favre can get any kind of a running game they could be a really good team.

SF vs. St. Louis... again, I really didn't watch except for a few minutes here or there. Saw Gore run for a touchdown which was nice for him with the rough week he had with his mom passing away.

Pittsburgh vs. Buffalo... Was excited to see Marshawn run... unfortunately that Steelers defense looks sick and the Bills fell into such a big hole early they had to pass a lot in the second half. I'm going to continue to start him though. i think this kid willl be huge.

N.O. vs. T.B... the most frustrating of the early games for me. I started Drew Brees over Tony Romo and started Chris Chambers over Joey Galloway. Bad move on both fronts. Bucs destroyed them. I'm starting to think that the the Saints are not for real. No defense and the offense has looked pretty inept. They need to start to get Deuce into the game more often. He means a lot more to that offense than people really think. Reggie Bush sells more jerseys, but if the Saints want to win, they will set the tempo with Deuce.

Houston/Carolina. Didn't really care for this game (Texans won). It had no fantasy ramifications for me. So I only saw a few minutes of this game before moving on. I am excited for this weekends Colts/Texans game. I thin kPeyton will light them up.

Atlanta/Jacksonville. I think Atlanta is the worst team in the league. Jacksonville has been very disappointing running the ball. MJD where are you. I can't keep telling everyone to start him because of his homerun potential without actually having him hit a homeruun soon. Why won't the Falcons hurry up and sign Leftwich. He is an upgrade over Harrington. They should pull the trigger on that quickly.

Detroit/Minny. Too many turnovers. Very sloppy game. Boring game to watch. Detroit 2-0... crazy.

Dallas versus Miami. Obviously the game I most anticipated for the afternoon. Romo wasn't very accurate, but kept from turning over the ball. He really doesn't make a lot (or any) mistakes. He manages the game very well. I'm very happy with him leading the team. Barber III continues to impress me with his hard inside running. He attacks the defense and the offense just looks better with him in there (sorry Julius). The defense looked better. The corners still looked weak, I can't wait for Newman to start again. Hopefully he'll be in this week against the Bears. Pressure up the midle will be key this week as Rex gets easily flustered with pressure up the middle. James and Ayodele blitzing against the Bears will be key. All in all it was a nice win against the Dolphins.

Seattle/Arizona... didn't pay a lot of attention to this game. Came down to a game winning field goal so it must have been exciting. Happy to see Arizona beat Seattle.

Chicago versus KC. Our other big viewing game of the afternoon. The Bears ran out to a big lead and then held on as Rex tried to throw away the game. I know the o-line wasn't great, but Rex has got to be better with the ball. The screen pass he threw for an interception was just ridiculous. Mistakes like that against the Chiefs are one thing, against the Cowboys a mistake like that could cost them the game. My favorite play of the game was THE MANBEAST (Urlacher) going airborne to sack Damon Huard. Huard smartly ended the game on the bench... he had gotten enough of a beating.

Denver versus Oakland. Hated the ending of the game. Think Shanahan is evil for calling that timeout to ice Janikowski. There should be some rule against that. He crushed that kick and nailed the field goal only to be told it didn't count because the Broncos had called a timeout. I hope Denver has a miserable season.

Jets/Ravens. The Jets actually made this game a lot closer than i thought it would be. I thought the Ravens would dominate, but the Jets were right in there at the end. Mangini is a good coach. Not ready to call him the Mangenius, but I thin khe calls a good game and keeps these games close. Think the Jets record will be worst than last year, but they will be a strong team that is in every game.

N.E. vs. S.D. Big statement game for the the Patriots, and the delivered. They pushed the Chargers around in the first hand and then withstood everything they had to offer in the second half. They are the top team in the league and dont look like anything short of a Belichik resignation could slow them down. Brady is the calmest QB in the league, and with the weapons he has now he is unstoppable. The defense also looks strong as well. Its scray to think about how strong they will be when Seymour and Harrison return... scary.

Redskins/Eagles. This game put me to sleep. Borinnnnggggg, Luckily Westbrook scored enough fantasy points to give me a victory. Campbell looked decent in beating the Eagles, who I think are in serious trouble. The Eagles might be a 7 win team at the most.

It was a good Week 2. Looking forward to the Cowboys/Bear and Colts/Texans this weekend. Joeseph Addai against the Texans defense, Roy Williams versus the Eagles defense and Eric Johnson(TE) against the Titans are my fantasy picks of the weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home