crazy colored glasses

Monday, September 17, 2007

G.I. Joextravaganza... WETSUIT: Top Joe of All-Time



So last week while basking in the euphoria of the new 25th Anniversary Joe's and still posting my faves of the 80's and 90's Joes I spilled the beans over who my top Joe of all-time was. This won't come as a surprise to anyone who has spoken to me about G.I. Joes. My favorite Joe of all-time is Wet Suit.

From the cartoon to the comic to the figures, he was always my favorite. In the comics and cartoon he was a little pompous and cocky on the show, but I feel like I've always related to characters like that. When I originally received this figure, it didn't take very long for him to become my favorite. He had great accessories as well as an amazing sculpt and color scheme. I loved the back pack with the breathing apparatus that connected to the facemask. As well as the orange sled and backpack and the black flippers which attached to the figure with pegs in the feet. Everything about this figure was well thought out and executed. Easily my favorite Joe of the original series.

I also always loved his filecard where it talked about how highly trained and nasty navy seals were, and how Wet Suit was the best of the bunch. "He's wild and and unruly, but simply the best at what he does".

The largest Wet Suit pictured above is the original release. My main man JP, who shortly after meeting me heard I was so sad because going through my Joes the previous weekend I learned that my Wet Suit was broken, brought me a new one. I came in the day after meeting him, and Wet Suit was sitting on top of my computer. The rest, as they say, is history. He and I are best of friends. So much so that he was my best man in my wedding. The Wet Suit on bended knee is from the 1998 Toys R Us exclusive release of the Navy Assault Team. The one without the helmet (the worst of the bunch) is the 1993 release. The bulky one right to the left of that is the 2002 release. This was the infamous non-o-ring Joe series. I thought this figure was really well made. Nice sculpt and similar accessories to the original, all in an updated color scheme. Wet Suit has been and always will be my favorite Joe of all-time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home