crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting Lost


Over the past 6 weeks we our TV viewing has consisted of trying to watch the last two seasons of Lost while waiting for the new season to begin. Last night our long journey was finally complete. We watched the last disc of Season 3 which led me to ask "what were people complaining about?" I thought it was a great season, especially the season finale. Of course it was a little ruined for me, because I had read that it was flash forward and not flash back in the last episode with Jack. Regardless, I thought it was amazingly done.

Kudos must go out to one of my favorite comic writers Brian K. Vaughn who is the Executive Story Editor on Lost. He joined midway through Season 3 and I loved every episode he worked on. In fact Lost is one of the rare television shows that has had comic writers involved all the way since Season 1 (Jeph Loeb and Paul Dini both had involvement). The comic flavor and the general brilliance of a J.J. Abrams show make Lost one of my favorite television shows of all time. The multi-layered storytelling as well as the insane attention to detail are mind boggling. You must watch and sometimes rewatch entire scenes to try and see who was in the background or walked by... there are no throw away moments. Every scene is filled with television goodness. I absolutely love this television series... I can't wait to watch the first two episodes of Season 4...

Is it me or did the helicopter parachuter, Naomi, appear in the episode Greatest Hits as one of the street listeners to Charlie's Wonderwall... I wonder... see what I mean, no throw away moments. I love it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home