crazy colored glasses

Friday, September 21, 2007

No Thank You, from a proud Geek

I recently turned down a chancce to be featured on the Tyra Banks show. A friend of mine here at the magazine has a friend in casting at Tyra's show. The topic... How Geeks are Cool. How a geek can still love toys, comics, sci-fi, etc. and still be more than functional... and in fact be cool, have a hot wife and so on. When my buddy here got the gist of what the show was about he immediately thought of me. I was honored that he did think of me, because I am a self-defined geek. I love comics. I love action figures. I love video games. I love science-fiction. In fact I love just about anything that can be defined as geeky. More than that, I love my life. I have a great high-profile job. I have an amazing wife. I have a great daughter. I have little to no complaints about the way I live my life.

And thats why I didn't do the show.

I didn't want any snide comments about my life. I didn't want the comparisons to Steve Carrell in 40 Year Old Virgin. I didn't want people telling me to grow up. I didn't want any of that. I'm happy with my life. In fact, happier than I've ever been. Enough so that a attention-hog like myself can say "No thanks" to a naionally televised show.

I am a geek. I fully admit to that, but you know what, I love who I am.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home