crazy colored glasses

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Super Family


I haven't drawn as much as I've liked in 2010. It's been a pretty busy year so far (as I noted two posts ago). With that said, I haven't been completely un-artistic. I've done a few pieces. One of which is the Super Family which I drew for my daughter in the style of Art Baltazar's Tiny Titans.

That book is amazing. If you ever want to forget about Seige and Zombie Lanterns and simply enjoy comics like a kid again grab an issue the next time you hit a comic store. The best part is they are completely age appropriate for the little kiddies as well. Art's simplistic art take is brilliant. He gets right down to the essence of these characters with round heads and simple bodies. Pure genius.

My Super Family contains Superboy, Supergirl, Streaky the Supercat, the mysterious Cupid, with Superman and Wonder Woman in the background. Pencils on this piece took about 30 minutes with inks taking maybe another 40 or so (you have to be careful not to break the line on really long lines). All in all a piece I had a blast creating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home