crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Toy Fair 2010: DC Direct part 2

OK, so I took like a two week break from the site before showing up with part of my DC Direct coverage. No real excuse. I've been a little busy with work and home, but not crazy... sorry for the delay here are the rest of my favorites from the DC Direct booth.



I love the art of Ed McGuinness. While I think it's wrong that DC is taking characters he never drew and rendering them in his style I still like the figures. The current series (out now) contains Batgirl (Cain), Green Lantern (Rainer), Electric Blue Superman, and Hook-hand Aquaman. They also had the next series on display which includes a Jordan Green Lantern (pictured with the Atom who I'd also like to purchase). I was all set to purchase Kyle Green Lanter, when I saw Hal and decided I'd wait until then and purchase the greatest of the GL's.


The next thing that clearly stood out was the animated Red Hood statue. I was only able to snap a blurry shot (as the crowd gathered around this piece was pretty massive) I was excited to see a piece on an animated property I hadn't heard announced. I've always liked the work of Judd Winnick (of Real World fame) and was particularly impressed by his Red Hood storyline. I hope the animated feature is half as good as the original comic story.


Also very impressive in the realm of statues were the DC Covergirls series. Each of these gorgeous 12inch statues are inspired by Cover artist extraordinaire Adam Hughes. He renders some of the best looking women on the comics landscape. Pictured above are Catwoman, Zatanna and Black Canary. All amazing.



There were a ton of 12 inch figures on display. From multiple Jokers, Supergirl and Wonder Woman to an amazing looking comic inspired Jonah Hex and Kingdom Come Superman. Another want for me.

All in all the DC Direct/Diamond booth was a dream come true. Stay tuned for more Toy Fair coverage.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home