crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Toy Fair 2010: KidStuff Booth

Upon getting my credentials, I looked at the show floor map and decided that I was going to make a bee line to the Action Figure aisle. Realizing that I haven't been in the Jacobs Javits Convention Center since the late 80's (when Tim Burton"s Batmobile was on tour with the National Auto Show) I had no idea where anything was. I figured I would follow the map and end up in Action Figures... or so I thought.

I'm twirling around aimlessly when I come upon the KidStuff booth. Pretty far from Action Figures, in fact I was on the wrong floor, but I instantly saw a face I recognized, Madeline.



I explained to the PR Rep that my family are big Madeline fans. My wife is actually named after the character (but pronounced differently). The PR Rep then explained that Madeline is an evergreen franchise for them that continues to perform very well. In fact with new books being written about the character they expect this year to be even bigger than the last. The lineup contains larger stuffed Madeline dolls with individual outfits being sold and packaged separately.

The line also consists of smaller 8 inch poseable doll with changeable outfits as well. I wonder if a Ms. Clavel (or some of Madeline's classmates for that matter) doll can be far behind. Toy nuns... sign me up.

Another big property was the expansion of the Charlie and Lola line. Originally exclusive to FAO Schwartz these are now being carried in a variety of stores nationwide. There will be a varied array of products based on the brilliant Lauren Child sibling duo. Pictured here is the Talking Charlie and Lola two pack. The great Charlie and Lola series (seen on Playhouse Disney) as well as the book series are truly great for young readers, in fact my wife and read them in British accents when we used them as bed time stories for Scrappy.


Finally, there was a new product launch. The Greenzys. A group of environmentally friendly plush animals. These guys were super cute, but with a packed showroom I wasn't able to snap off a good shot, so a picture of the Greenzys banner will have to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home