crazy colored glasses

Monday, February 01, 2010

Top 20 of 2008: Superman & Superwoman


Here we are in 2010 and I just fully realized I haven't revealed my top toy of 2008 (2009 list to come shortly... I have to set up a photo shoot with the most talented photographer I know).

My favorite figure of 2008 was DC Direct's line of All-Star Superman figures. These figures brilliantly capture the artwork of Frank Quietly. Quietly and Grant Morrison crafted a beautifully told Superman story. Easily one of the best comic stories of the past decade. The story was a year long tale of Superman dealing with his mortality as he finds out he has less than a year left to live. In one particular issue, Clark reveals his true nature to Lois while also providing her with temporary power that allow her to become Superwoman. While Quietly's work is not for everyone, his unique style has become one of the most popular in comcis today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home