crazy colored glasses

Saturday, January 02, 2010

SuperMen


I worked on this piece of art back in September. I finished inking it back in October and it saw print in ADW shortly thereafter. I put this together right before my son was born. I wanted to do a piece that had both Superman and Superboy. I was naming my son after Superman, so I wanted to do a piece that had both the man and the boy.

Right around that time the art for Adventure Comics #1 hit. It was drawn by Francis J Manapul and had Superboy flying through the middle of Lex and Superman. I simply cut out Lex and voila instant Superman/Superboy image. The pencils took me a little over an hour and a half. The inks about 2 hours. Needless to say I'm extremely thrilled with this piece.

On the subject of being thrilled, I wanted to talk about how much joy my son brings to my life. A simple smile or stare absolutely makes my day. It is absolutely the best feeling. I love that little guy so much.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home