crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Adi Iron Man


About a month ago I posted an image of a Jack Kirby inspired Iron-Man. Realizing I didn't have a modern Iron-Man of my own (I had done one and gifted it to my buddy Steve the last I saw him) I had to rectify that.

While I think Salvador Larocca is a brilliant artist, my favorite Iron artist is Adi Granov. Adi is quite possibly the most influential Iron artist of all-time as his work has been used as the prototypes for the movie version. He draws very tight pencils which he renders beautifully with digital inks and colors.

The pencils on this piece were pretty quick. Around an hour. The inks were pretty quick as well. I actually worked on this while my Cowboys were beating the Saints, I was really nervous about that game and needed something to do in the second half of the game. After I put down the inks I thought the image was a little flat so I added in some gray tones and voila... the piece came to life. I love it.

I put together a few other pieces around the holidays which I'm hoping to toss on the site over the next few weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home