crazy colored glasses

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Toy Fair 2010: DC Direct part 1

By far the booth that I was most excited to visit was DC Direct (after I realized that Hasbro had their own private show and Mattel allowed no pictures). That excitement escalated when I saw the Superman World of New Krypton figures. I had to compose myself.




I had not seen any information or solicits on these figure, so I was absolutely blown away. Superman (in his Gary Frank Christopher Reeves inspired best) in the Commander El outfit he wears on New Krypton. Braniac (also the Gary Frank design) in his latest look. Mon-El in his new duds (swanky) and finally Lucy Lane as Superwoman. The Superwoman figure is particularly striking, one of the best I saw all day. All amazing, and all will be on my pull list in October when they're released.




Another great piece in the booth was the multipart Green Lantern statue. It features Hal front and center surrounded by Guy Gardner, Kyle Rainer and John Stewart. Guardians and Manhunters are also part of the display, with Alan Scott flying above.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home