crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Final Four 2010

While I would love to sit down here and type out winners for every game, I'll simply make my picks for the Final Four, Championship game and eventual champ with Final game score.

In the Midwest, I like Kansas. I have that bracket running pretty true with only Michigan St. beating Maryland for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen. I also have Georgetown beating Ohio State to get a great Elite 8 matchup with Kansas.

Here in the East, I like West Virginia. Their stoicism as they were announced as a 2 seed spoke volumes to me. This is a team that felt like they were passed over for a one seed and are pissed. If I was the rest of this region I would be afraid... very afraid. I have a few upsets in this bracket, with Washington making it to the Elite 8. I also have Missouri over Clemson in a mini-upset. Kentucky could have a rough 2nd round game against the winner of Texas/Wake. Which should soften them up just enough to leave them vulnerable for the Mountaineers of West Virginia.

Out West, I like Syracuse. I'm tempted to go Kansas State because of Syracuse's injury woes, but I don't love K State. I have a couple upsets here in Florida State over Gonzaga and Minnesota over Xavier. The rest of the bracket plays out pretty true. I think the Butler/Syracuse Elite 8 game could be a real slugfest. Don't sleep on Butler. They could be a big darkhorse.

In the South, I like Duke (was there ever a question I'd pick Duke). My upset specials are Louisville over Cal and Siena over the hurting Purdue. I have Baylor beating Villanova in the Sweet 16 for a shot at Duke in the Elite 8.

In the Final 4, I like Kansas over the Orangemen of Syracuse, and Duke over West Virginia. I think Kansas' experience trumps Syracuse's zone. Duke's big 3 (Smith, Singler and Scheyer) prove to much for Butler to overcome. In the Championship game I like Kansas over Duke in a close, well-played contest, 83-77.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Good call on Butler. Good luck to your Blue Devils.

    For you to win my challenge you need Duke to advance to the finals and lose to Mich. State or Butler.

    I'm sure you'd trade that gift card for a national championship.

    By Blogger Lester's Legends, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home