crazy colored glasses

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Supergirl


One of my favorite comic artist is Ed McGuiness. Luckily for me he did a lengthy run on my favorite DC Universe character Superman. The success he had on that run led him to an even more successful run on the Superman/Batman title with Jeph Loeb. He also was able to launch JLA Confidential with Loeb. All of that led him to work on just about every important character in the DC Universe. So when DC Direct announced they would be making figures based on the Public Enemies (great story) storyline, I was one happy camper.

After the success of that wave DC decided they would release figures based on the JLA Confidential series. Once again, success led to 3 more waves of figures. All based on the artwork of Mr. McGuiness. Now I've heard action figure fans comlain about the limited articulation and the reusing of sculpts, but I just don't care. I think each of these figures (and I have just about all of them) capture the art of McGuiness perfectly. The overt-the-top musculature. The large eyes on the female figures. The great, vibrant color. All trademarks of both McGuiness and these great figures based on his art.

One of the last figures of the line I bought was the above Supergirl. Which as I stated above is a perfect recreation of a Ed McGuiness piece of art. Well done DC Direct. Unfortunately I think they've run out of characters that Ed drew. Plus I don't think I could add anymore on my dedicated McGuiness shelf.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home