crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

OH YEAHHHH!!!!



In the ongoing series of wrestling figures I unearthed this gem... A custom made Macho Man Randy Savage figure I won on ebay.

I've been a lifelong wrestling fan and Macho Man was my favorite wrestler in the 80's and well into the 90's. I remember going to MSG once a month with my oldest brother to watch wrestling live. Him buying me Macho Man Tshirts. It was definitely a passion of mine. In fact I would get so excited that I would have to always pee before the main event started (usually involving Macho Man)... my brother would completely flip out, but would always happily take me to the bathroom. He had huge wars with Ricky Steamboat (still my favorite wrestling match of all time from Wrestlemania 3) Ted Dibiase, Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior all in front of my eyes. While the rest of the world was in love with Hulk Hogan, it was the Macho Man who did it for me. He was the rare mix of power and speed with aerial moves, and no one except for Hogan had better mic skills. He was the ultimate showman.

Jakks Pacific has done a great job over the last couple of years with their Classics series, except for being unable to lock up the Macho Man. I finally realized a dream of mine last year in owning real Demolition toys. Still to this day I wait for Macho Man. Until then, I enjoy this custom Macho Man made from parts of other Jakks figures with a paint scheme that places Randy Savage in his Macho King phase. I thought the person (I can't remember his name) did a great job of really capturing the character.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home