crazy colored glasses

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Best 4 of All-Time

This is something I've mentioned in this blog before, but I think more and more people are starting to see the light. I truly believe Tim Duncan is the greatest power-forward in the history of the NBA. He has something my 2nd (Karl Malone) and 3rd (Charles Barkley) greatest power forwards of all time do not... rings. He has 3 already and is well on his way to a fourth. No team from the East is beating the Spurs.

Tim is absolutely the model of consistency. Look at his stats from his first season and compare them to this season. Not a single drop off. He just gets better, smarter and more efficient with age. He doesnt waste a single move. Every pump fake, dribble or bank shot is perfectly planned. He is also an underrated passer. He is the main cog in the Spurs engine, the unquestioned leader of that team, and its no secret that he is the reason the team has won 4 titles in his 10 years.

As for the East, I'd love the Cavs to win out. I'm tired of the Pistons. I think seeing Lebron in the Finals would be David Stern's dream. Plus a year after D-Wade carried the Heat to the title, he gave hope to all teams with a hot superstar (although I'll say again, no one is beating the Spurs). The Spurs will win the title in 5 games against either team and for the 4th time in his career Tim Duncan will be Finals MVP.

How blessed have we been as basketball fans (folks my age that is). We got to see some of the best basketball players of all time at their positions. I mean every player in my greatest starting five is of the last 30 years. We have been truly blessed. For the record, my starting 5 would be this:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
C: Shaquille O'Neal (yes Kareem is argueable, but no one was as physically imposing as Shaq)
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Julius (Dr. J) Erving

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home