crazy colored glasses

Thursday, May 24, 2007

No new art... zoinks (and everything else going on)

So, another week came and went, and not only did I not draw anything, but I still havent finished putting Nightwing together. I had a feeling I would slow down a little bit once MS finished class... I didnt realize I would stop completely.

I'm making a vow that I will have 2 new pieces up by the end of next week. I want to draw The Hulk for myself (I'm really enjoying Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk... me enjoying a Marvel comic, I know, rare) and a request for my brother of The Punisher. I plan on doing both in my now preferred style of Michael Turner.

As for everything else on the comic front, I'm about 5 weeks behind in my reading. I must say I was extremely happy with 52. I hate the fact that the multiverse is back, but the series as a whole was well written. I loved the last issue of JLA and JAS, love the team up and the Legion spots. I also picked up the first issue of the new Madman series, which I really enjoyed. Mike Allred has always been a favorite of mine. Was slightly disappointed in the finale of Girls, it was a lot to try and wrap in the final issue. No other comics I've read have been that memorable lately.

TV and Movies, loved Heroes and The Office (finally Pam and Jim) finales. Both were smartly written, cwell acted and thought out. Heroes was a great wrap to this season as well as gave us a few clues to next season. Hiro in ancient Japan during the Eclipse... could he be the cause of all the evolution in the future? The little cerebro type girl talking about the man worse than Sylar... perfect lead in to next year. Loved it, yet it wasn't the highlight of my NBC viewing. That honor goes to The Office. The final two episodes of the season were absolutely brilliant. From Pam finally confronting her feelings and telling Jim how she felt to the interviews in New York, nothing disappointed. The Office continues to be my most anticipated weekly television viewing. On a different note both Legion of Superheroes and The Batman were great. Ridiculously looking forward to High School Musical 2.

Now what I'm sure will be a highly unpopular opinion. I hated Spider-Man 3. I was really looking forward to it, and was disappointed. It didnt deliver on any level. Hated how emotional they tried to make the film. Every character had to rip off his mask to speak. Spidey had his mask off almost as much as he had it on. Venow never spoke without revealing Eddie Brock. Marvel has to go back to the drawing board on some of these movies. I mean seriously, what was the last good Marvel film. Spider-Man 2? FF, Punisher, Elektra, Ghost Rider, and X3 have all fallen flat. The last truly good film was X2, at least in my opinion. I hope if Marvel makes another Spidey they don't fall into the same multi-villain traps that plagued the Batman franchise during the Joel Schumacher age. I haven't really seen anything else worth noting.

I've been spending lots of time watching both the NBA playoffs and the Yankees. The Spurs have to be considered among he best teams of all time. What Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan have done together is nothing short of brilliant. Not only is Tim Duncan one of the best players in the game today, he is one of the best of all time. In my opinion the prototypical power forward. Better than Barkley and Malone. He makes his teammates better, he's a fierce defender, and one of the most efficient basketball players I've ever seen. The Yankees are still a little flat, starting to show some signs of life... they've won 3 out of the last 4 against the Mets and RedSox. Besides that I've got to say I'm proud of my video game team scrub... theyve won 3 in a row to pull over .500. Prior and Wood are both hurt (big surprise), Willy Mo Pena is hurt as well, but Eric Hinske and Matt Murton have been crushing the ball, and Scott Proctor is just blowing people away in the bullpen.

I know this post is long, but I haven't posted in a while and wanted to just catch up.

Labels: , , ,