crazy colored glasses

Monday, August 10, 2009

BlueJays Redesign


An article on ESPN.com sparked some interst in redesigning awful sports uniforms and logos.
In this aticle, ESPN went on to list the 10 worst logos and uniforms in all of sports. On this list was the uniforms of the Toronto Bluejays.
The main complaint of the writer of the piece was that the Blue Jays current uniform (below) has little to no blue and does not embrace the Canadian heritage of the team. I thought this could be a quick and easy fix, so I threw together these redesigns.
I’ve always been a fan of the sleeveless uniform (kind of like a sweater vest) So I created a sleeveless look which would have a blue trim, as well as be worn with a blue t-shirt underneath. The Jays current logo (which I like a lot) would run across the front of the jersey. I also added a maple leaf with the player’s number centered within. Th back of the jersey was kept clean. Simply a players number with a slight gray drop shadow, I detest names on the back of baseball jerseys, so I left them off.
The hat has a modified logo on it. I ket the BlueJay head with the letter J and placed it within the maple leaf. I also left the front panel of the hat white while the rest of the hat would be blue.
The pants have a simple blue belt, with a blue thin stripe down the leg which leads to the blue high socks.
For the logo itself, I really wanted to incorporate the Maple leaf. It’s a minor change to the logo, but one I think helps play up the fact that this is Canada’s only MLB team

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home