crazy colored glasses

Monday, August 03, 2009

Heineken party


I lifted this piece from ADW (only the most amazing publication on the market... you don't know about it, you should) it was written by my lovely wife.

With my brother-in-law’s Heineken themed 40th birthday party looming on the horizon, my husband and I wondered what do you get the man who’s failed to install your dishwasher? Then it hit LV: An Andy Warhol-style pop art piece featuring Heineken.

LV is convinced I know how to paint because of the finesse I showed with a Crayola watercolor paint brush four years ago. While I actually have no idea how to paint, I was up for the challenge. It seemed like a good chance to exercise these fantasies I have about how the nursery will be decorated. One day. When I get around to it.

After some online research, a purchase of a six-pack and some acrylics, a few photos, and some changes to the hue in Photoshop, I set to work. (I didn’t know it was necessary to say “Brewed in Holland” so many times on one bottle.) Two days later, LV loved it. His brother loved it. And I have now painted.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I painted that in June, and I still haven't done anything yet with those two canvases for the nursery. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself now considering how well received the Heineken and Superman pieces were? *sigh*

    By Blogger Madeline, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home